- In order for your peaches to ripen properly, do not place them in the refrigerator.
- Simply put them on your counter at room temperature until they reach your desired ripeness.
- For faster ripening, place peaches in a brown paper bag on kitchen counter.
- Once your peaches have reached your desired ripeness, then and only then can you place them in the refrigerator.
- Upon being placed in the refrigerator, they should last an additional week or so.
- For maximum flavor, allow your peaches to reach room temperature before eating (about 30 minutes).
- Once your peaches are sliced, you can add a few dashes of lemon juice or coat with a citric acid solution to prevent excessive browning.