CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY PECAN TART
Nadine Ali, our delightful friend from New York created this decadent Chocolate Raspberry Pecan Tart using our brand new Pearson Farm Pecan Meal. It is as delicious as it is beautiful!
Total Time: 2 hrs 45 mins
- Prep time 30 mins
- Baking time 15 mins
- Chilling time 2 hours
- Tart pan with removable base (I used a 14 x 4 inch rectangle, but you can use an 8 or 9 inch round if you wish)
- Food processor or blender
- Baking sheet
- Piping bag with star tip like 1 M (optional)
- 1 cup Pearson Farm Pecan Meal (crushed pecans)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 Tbsp unsalted melted butter plus a little extra for greasing
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 oz/170 gr raspberries plus a few extra for the center and top
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup/230 gr chocolate (at least 60% cacao) at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 Tbsp raspberry puree (reserved from the filling)
- 3 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the tart pan with softened or melted butter.
- Combine the Pearson Farm Pecan Meal, flour, confectioners' sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and mix.
- Press this mixture into your pan firmly and go up the sides too.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 mins until golden.
- Let it cool, then refrigerate.
- Meanwhile make the raspberry puree by putting the raspberries in a blender or food processor and grinding them.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp for later.
- Pour this raspberry puree into the base you made earlier and refrigerate.
- Start on the ganache. Chop the chocolate, it should be at room temperature.
- Heat the cream, vanilla and brown sugar until simmering.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate, add butter and let it sit for a minute, then stir until combined.
- Add a line of fresh raspberries in the center of your tart over the puree, pour the ganache over it and chill in the fridge at least 2 hours.
- To make the raspberry cream for the top, whip the cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in the 2 Tbsp of raspberry puree you reserved. Transfer into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Remove your tart from the pan.
- Pipe the cream over the tart in the design of your choice and garnish with more raspberries.
For more recipes like this one, check out our good friend nadine ALI