We partnered with Chef Louise Rakers over at Nordic Cooking to create a delicious and healthy recipe using our Pearson Farm Pecan Meal. She really hit it out of the park with this one. Plant Based, Gluten Free, Peanut Free and it's delicious! You are definitely going to want to try this one.
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
16 ounces mushrooms, finely diced
2 Tbsp tamari
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp maple syrup
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
2 teaspoons sriracha, more if desired
1/2 cup Pearson Farm Pecans, chopped
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
2 cups cooked rice
1 cup Pearson Farm Pecan Meal, or Panko Bread Crumbs
Hamburger buns & desired burger fixings
Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup Pearson Farm Pecan Meal
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp all purpose spice mix
Pinch of Salt
1. Sauté the shallots until soft. Add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt - sauté until soft and browned.
2. Add in tamari, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup. Stir and add garlic, smoked paprika, and sriracha. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly.
4. Transfer to a large bowl and fold in the remaining pecan meal or Panko.
5. Form into 8 patties, place them on a large plate and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
6. Optional coating: Before grilling or cooking them, mix together the pecan meal, nutritional yeast, all purpose spice mix and salt. Coat the patties and get the grill ready.
7. If you're grilling the patties, preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush the patties with olive oil and spray the grill with cooking spray. Place the patties on the grill and use a spatula to press down lightly. Grill for 7 minutes on the first side, flip, and grill 6 to 7 minutes on the second side, or until well-charred and cooked through.
8. Alternately, cook the patties on the stove. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Coat the bottom of the skillet with oil and cook the patties for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until well-charred and cooked through.
9. Remove from the heat and serve with desired fixings.
For more great recipes like this one, check out Chef Louise Rakers