SALTED CARAMEL PECAN BROWNIES
One of our favorites, Nadine Ali, created this incredible Salted Caramel Pecan Brownie using our Pearson Farm Pecans. We hope you will try the recipe and go follow Nadine Ali more wonderful recipes like this one!
- 7-inch square metal pan
- Parchment Paper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold or room temperature water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 4oz unsalted butter plus a little extra for greasing the pan
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Pearson Farm Pecans
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Lightly grease pan and line with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Make the caramel sauce first and set aside
- Make brownies and bake
- Once cooled follow assembly instructions
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan, stir together and place on stove set to medium heat
- Don't stir after this step, and wipe down the inside of the pan with a wet pastry brush (these steps avoid crystallization of the sugar)
- When it turns golden brown (will take over 10 mins) take off heat
- Add the cream and stir, be careful - it bubbles up
- Put back on the heat and stir for a few seconds, until it's all melted and combined.
- Pour it in a heat proof jug or cup and set aside to cool
- Melt butter and chocolate together. You can either use a microwave or a double boiler for this step. In the microwave melt it at 30 second bursts and stir in between so the chocolate does not burn, set aside.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla till pale and thick.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter to this and mix.
- Sift the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixture and fold them in.
- Once combined, scrape out the mixture into the prepared pan, smooth and even out the top.
- Roughly chop the pecans and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes; it might take a bit longer depending on your oven. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with a few crumbs on it.
- Once the brownies are cool, cut them into squares.
- Pour the caramel sauce on top and sprinkle with sea salt.