Pecan-Crusted Green Bean Casserole Recipe
The Green Beans:
- 2 (14 0z) cans of cut green beans
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups small white mushrooms minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Pearson Farm Chopped Pecans Pieces
The Nut Crust:
- 1/2 cup Pearson Farm Chopped Pecan Pieces, toasted
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons, unsalted butter, melted
Mushroom Base: Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, cayenne, mushrooms. Season with salt to taste, and cook until the mushrooms give off most of their liquid, 8-10 minutes. Stir the flour into the mushrooms. Add the chicken stock. Stir in the cream and sour cream and simmer gently. Continue cooking over low heat until the mixture thickens, 5-8 minutes. Add in the Dijon mustard. Taste for seasoning.
Pecan Crust: In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, butter and salt. Set aside.
Assemble the casserole: Stir the green beans and remaining 1/2 cup Pearson Farm Pecans into the mushroom base. Simmer on the stove, over low heat, for 8-10 minutes. Top with an even layer of the pecan crust. Transfer the skillet to the oven for 10-12 minutes to brown the crust.