Orange Chocolate Pecan Pie
This unique combination of flavors is absolutely delicious!
Ingredients for an 8-inch-pie dish
- ready-made pie dough or pre-made 9 inch pie shell
- 2 eggs
- 100g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 50g (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 30ml (1 oz) fresh orange juice
- 30g (1/4 cup) flour
- pinch of salt
- 100g (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- 50g (1/4 cup) candied orange peel, chopped
- 100g (1 cup) Georgia pecans
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375 degrees F)
- If using ready made pie dough, roll the dough to a 4-5 mm (1/4 inch) thickness and line it in a pie plate. Chill until needed.
- Beat eggs, both kinds of sugar, melted butter, orange juice, flour and salt together.
- Choose 16 whole pecan nuts for decoration and set them aside.
- Roughly chop the rest and add to the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the chopped candied orange peel and chocolate chips evenly over the unbaked pie crust.
- Carefully pour over the egg mixture and decorate the top with whole nuts.
- Bake the pie for 10 minutes on 190°C(375 degrees F), then reduce the oven to 175°C (350 degrees F) and bake for another 30-35 minute. The edges should be golden brown and the center should be set.
- Cool completely before cutting, preferably overnight.
This Recipe is Courtesty of Sunshine Kitchen
Could you please recreate this recipe using the imperial measurement system and Fahrenheit