PEACH VANILLA BEAN GALETTE
Our good friend Ginny at In Bloom Bakery created this absolutely divine galette this summer with our sweet, and juicy Pearson Farm peaches. We hope you'll give it a try and make sure to go visit her blog IN BLOOM BAKERY, for more delicious recipes just like this one.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 Tbsp cold water
For the Peach Vanilla Galette
- 2 cups sliced Pearson Farm Peaches
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- turbinado sugar for sprinkling
For the crust
- In a food processor, pulse 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour, 1 tbsp granulated sugar and 1/4 tsp salt together.
- Cut 1/2 cup of cold butter into small pieces. While the food processor runs add the butter a few pieces at a time.
- Add 2 tbsp of cold water a little bit at a time until dough pulls together and starts to form a ball. (if the dough is still too dry after 2 tbsp of water, add a little more water a tbsp at a time until the right consistency is achieved.)
- Form the dough into a disk, wrap it with plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight
- When ready to make the galette, take the dough out of the fridge and let sit for 30 minutes or so until it become a little softer.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out into a large circle, about 9 inches in diameter, about 1/4 of an inch thick. Transfer the dough to a parchment paper lined baking sheet this point.
For the Peach Vanilla Filling
- Toss 2 cups of sliced Pearson Farm Peaches with 1/4 cup of granulated white sugar, 1 tbsp corn starch and 2 tsp vanilla bean paste. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Once the dough is rolled out and on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, spoon the peaches into the center of the dough. Do not pour the liquid on top or it will be a runny mess.
- If you desire, heat the remaining peach syrup in a small sauce pan. It it simmer for a few minutes until you notice it getting thicker. Spoon the thickened peach syrup over the peaches.
Forming & Baking the Galette
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Begin folding the galette by taking a small piece of the outside of the dough and folding it about an inch in. Fold the next small outside piece of the dough so it slightly overlaps the other. Continue until all of the outside of the dough has been folded.
- Brush a whisked egg over the dough perimeter and sprinkle turbinado sugar over the peaches and the dough.
- Pop the galette into the fridge for at least 20 minutes. (The galette won't keep it's shape if not chilled.)
- Bake the galette for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. The dough should be golden brown and the peaches should be bulling.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving. It is best served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!