NO-CHURN PEACH ICE CREAM
This summer we partnered up with our friend Megan at Olives +Thyme. Y'all, what she did with our sweet Georgia peaches is nothing short of sinful. This peach ice cream starts with creamy mascarpone cheese and ends with brown sugar bourbon pecan syrup! If those ingredients alone aren't enough to entice to try this one, how about the fact that you don't need a churn to make this lusciously delicious ice cream!
- 2 cups fresh Pearson Farm Peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 oz bourbon whiskey, optional for flavor
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature (sub 1:1 full fat cream cheese)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
Making the sautéed peaches:
- In a medium sized pan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add in the peaches, cinnamon and brown sugar, mixing well to combine. Cook peaches down until they release their juices, about 5-6 minutes after the peaches start to slightly simmer.
- Gently strain peaches in a mesh colander placed over a bowl to catch the juices. Then, pour the hot peaches into a separate bowl and cool to room temperature.
Making the bourbon pecan peach syrup:
- Return the strained juices to the same pan. Add shots of bourbon, chopped pecans, an additional 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1/2 tsp of salt to the pan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently until a thickened syrup forms, about 5 minutes. Pour the syrup into a small bowl to cool to room temperature.
- Gently mix the cooled bourbon pecan peach syrup back into the cooled peaches.
Making the mascarpone base:
- Place a large mixing bowl and beaters in the fridge to chill for 20-25 minutes. While the bowl is chilling, let mascarpone cheese soften at room temperature.
- Once the mixing bowl and beaters are chilled, pour in heaving whipping cream and beat cream on medium speed for 7-8 minutes, or until medium peaks form. If the peaks of the cream stand for a second before collapsing, it's ready.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add in the mascarpone cheese. Using a large spoon or flexible spatula, spread the mascarpone across the bowl. If the cheese spreads very easily, it's ready. If it starts to look curdled it's a little too cold.
- Once the cheese is evenly spread on the bottom of the bowl, add in the vanilla extract, salt, and condensed milk. Gently fold the sweetened condensed milk into the mascarpone cheese until fully incorporated. This process should go slowly to ensure the mascarpone doesn't break,.
- Gently fold in 1/2 of the cooled sautéed peaches and bourbon pecan peach syrup.
Assembling the no-churn peach ice cream:
- Pour 1/3 base into a freezer proof bowl, cake pan or loaf pan. Drizzle 1/3 of the remaining bourbon pecan peach syrup over the base.
- Repeat for the second and third layers, ending with the remaining 1/3 peaches.
- Place the container uncovered in the freezer for about 2 hours. After 2 hours cover the entire container with plastic wrap. Wrap the top of the container with foil and freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight.
- Thaw slightly at room temperature for 5-10 minutes when ready to serve. Enjoy with more fresh peaches and chopped pecans!
for more delicious recipes like this one, visit www.olivesnthyme.com