Maple Roasted Vegetables with Pecans
- 4-medium carrots (3/4) pound, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2- large potatoes (1pound), peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1-small butternut squash (2 pound), peeled, seeded & cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Pearson Farm Maple Pecan Crumbles
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts halved
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss the carrots, potatoes, squash and Brussel sprouts with olive oil and nutmeg and season generously with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables on a large rimmed baking dish and roast for 30 minutes, until the vegetables begin to brown. Scatter the Maple Pecan Crumbles, and ginger over the vegetables and drizzle with maple syrup; toss well. Continue to roast the vegetables for 25 minutes longer, until they are tender and golden. Scrape the vegetables into a bowl and serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe Note * Be sure to chop the vegetables about the same size, so they cook at the same rate, and toss them at least once while they are in the oven so they brown evenly.