Fresh Peach Margarita
1-2 ripe Pearson Farm Peaches
1 Lime- juiced
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
3 ounces of your favorite tequila
1/2 ounce orange liqueur
1/2 ounce simple syrup or agave syrup
1. Roughly chop the ripe Pearson Farm Peaches and place in a blender to puree until smooth. Strain the peach juice through a mesh strainer to remove the bits of skin.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine all the ingredients with ice and shake well.
3. Pour the coarse salt onto a plate. Rub the rim of 2 glasses with the lime and then dip them in the salt.
4. Fill each glass halfway with ice and divide the margarita between them.
5. Garnish with peach slice and Enjoy!
- To make the simple syrup, combine equal amounts of sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for a few minutes after the sugar dissolves to make sure all the crystals are dissolved. Let cool and use in the drinks. Simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Peach juice will brown with exposure to air, so it is best to make it fresh for each recipe