Our good friends at The Perks of Being Us created this wonderfully delicious (and beautiful) cheesecake recipe highlighting our farm fresh Pearson Farm pecans. We can't wait for you to try it!
2 cups of Pearson Farm Pecan Meal
1 tablespoon cinnamon
5 tablespoons melted butter
2 cups of Large Chopped Pearson Farm Pecan Pieces
4 tablespoons melted utter
32 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs and 2 egg yolks
3 teaspoons bourbon vanilla extract
1/4 cup bourbon
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup of Pearson Farm Mammoth Pecan Halves
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup Whipped cream
1/2 cup Bourbon caramel sauce (link to recipe below) or store bought caramel sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a nine-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the pecan meal and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in the melted butter with a spatula until the mixture is evenly coated. Transfer the mixture into the springform pan. Use a flat-bottomed measuring cup to press the crust flat and 1 inch up the sides. Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
3. Stir the melted butter and chopped pecan pieces in a bowl until the pecans are coated evenly. Transfer them to a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Move the chopped pecans to a piece of parchment to cool.
4. Place a glass 9 x 13 inch baking dish in the bottom rack of the oven. Fill the pan 3/4 full of water.
5. Place the room temperature cream cheese and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment to mix the cream cheese until no lumps remain. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl several times. Stir the flour into the cheesecake filling on low speed till fully mixed in.
6. Add in the sour cream and the eggs. Mix until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bottom of the bowl as needed.
7. Mix in the vanilla, bourbon and cinnamon into filling on low speed till fully mixed in.
8. Stir the cooled buttered pecan pieces into the cheesecake filling on low speed till fully mixed in.
9. Pour mixture into the springform pan and gently tap the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 50-55 minutes until the top is golden brown and the middle has a slight jiggle. Turn off the oven. Leave the oven door cracked open with the cheesecake still in the oven for 30 minutes. Move the cheesecake to a wire rack to cool for one hour. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
10. Stir the melted butter and pecan halves in a bowl until the pecans are coated evenly. Transfer them to a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Move the pecans to a piece of parchment to cool for the topping on the cheesecake.
11. When ready to serve the cheesecake the next day, run a butter knife around the sides of the springform pan. Release the cake from the springform pan. At this point, if you want to cut off any pieces of the top to create a flat surface, you may do so. Pipe the whipped cream around the edge. Pile the buttered pecan halves in the middle and drizzle a cup of caramel sauce over the top. Use a sharp knife that you have run water over to cut the cheesecake.
Ingredient notes from the Perks of Being Us
- Pearson Farm Pecan Meal: Pearson Farm Pecan meal meal is gluten free, keto friendly, and never cross contaminated with other tree nuts, making it a great flour alternative for nut allergy sufferers.
- Pearson Farm Mammoth Pecans: Known as a “Mammoth” pecan because of its size; the kernel is oily and flavorful. Their superior size and flavor make these pecans perfect for showing off in a dessert like this.
- Full fat cream cheese: Save the low fat cream cheese to spread on celery. This is a decadent dessert, and it deserves the creaminess that a full fat cream cheese can provide.
- Dark brown sugar: The golden flavor of dark brown sugar gives. this cheesecake a rich flavor
- Bourbon vanilla extract: We make ours from scratch using vanilla beans and bourbon. We let it age for about 6 months for an incredible flavor.
- Bourbon: Was there ever a question that bourbon would be part of this luscious cheesecake? And yes, you can leave it out, and will still have the delicious buttery flavor of the butter pecans.
- Whipped cream: Whipping cream fresh is best. Just a bit of powder sugar is all you need to slightly sweeten it.
- Bourbon caramel sauce: This bourbon salted caramel sauce is made from scratch and so dreamy. You can also purchase caramel to use.