- Low calories: 100 g of peaches contain just 39 calories and no saturated fats. This is great for those who are watching their diet or trying to lose weight.
- Carbohydrates: Carbs have the ever important plant-based nutrients (phytonutrients) anti-oxidants and carotenoids. The presence of carotenoids is great for your eyes.
- Dietary fiber. One medium peach contains about 1 gram of dietary fiber. The skin, particularly, provides both roughage and fiber, which works wonderfully for constipation problems. These laxative properties are also a great way to clean your kidney and bladder.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin-C has anti-oxidant effects and is essential for connective tissue synthesis in the body. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps body develop resistance against infectious agents and help scavenge harmful free radicals.
- Vitamin A and ß-carotene: The pro-vitamin ß-carotene converts into vitamin A once it enters the body. Vitamin A is great for the eyes and helps maintain healthy mucus membranes and skin. Fresh fruits rich in vitamin A are also known for helping protect against lung and oral cavity cancers.
- Potassium, fluoride and iron: Potassium can help provide a good complexion and is an important component of cell and body fluids that help control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is necessary for red blood cell formation and fluoride is important for prevention of dental caries and promotes healthy bones and teeth.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidant compounds such as lutein, zeaxanthin and ß-cryptoxanthin help protect against various diseases and aging caused by oxygen-derived free radicals.
Peaches are believed to have originated in China, but quickly spread to other areas of the world. They are packed with natural goodness and a distinct sweet taste that is unlike anything else. Peaches are delicious and juicy with a pleasant aroma that permeates all of the senses. In addition to being one of the tastiest fruits, peaches are just as nutritious as they are delicious. So how exactly are peaches healthy for you? The answer is yes. Peaches are very nutritious and are packed with numerous health promoting compounds, minerals and vitamins. It can help fight the effects of aging, lower blood pressure and even stimulate your brain. Other health benefits to peaches include: